ISBFS 2012 (Sep 12-15, 2012)
The Fourth International Symposium on BANACH and FUNCTION SPACES 2012
(ISBFS 2012) will be held at Kyushu Institute of Technology (KIT),
Tobata Campus, Kitakyushu, JAPAN on
September 12-15, 2012 with support of KIT
and the Mathematical Society of Japan and
West Japan Industry and Trade Convention Association.
The main subjects are Banach spaces and function spaces with related topics.
There will be plenary lectures of 40 minutes, invited talks of 30 minutes and
20-minute contributed talks.
The Symposium will start in the morning of September 12 and end in the afternoon of September 15.
Program and Abstracts of Talks
(the former symposia)
Organizing and Scientific Committee
- Tomonari Suzuki
(Kyushu Institute of Technology) - Chair
- Mikio Kato
(Shinshu University) - Vice Chair
- Lech Maligranda
(Luleå University of Technology, Sweden) - Vice Chair
- Yoshiaki Okazaki
(Kyushu Institute of Technology) - Vice Chair
- Fernando Cobos
(Complutense University of Madrid, Spain)
- Eiichi Nakai
- Kichi-Suke Saito
- Wataru Takahashi
(Tokyo Institute of Technology)
- Yasuji Takahashi
(Okayama Prefectural University)
- Kenjiro Yanagi
Local Organizers from KIT
- Toshiharu Fujita
- Michihiro Hirayama
- Aoi Honda
- Toshiharu Ikeda
- Hiroshi Sakai
- Takasi Senba
- Tohru Wakasa
- Jürgen Appell (Würzburg, Germany)
- Fernando Cobos (Madrid, Spain)
- Guillermo P. Curbera (Sevilla, Spain)
- Kazimierz Goebel (Lublin, Poland)
- Jun Kawabe (Nagano, Japan)
- Hiro-o Kita (Kagoshima, Japan)
- Anthony To-ming Lau (Edmonton, Canada)
- Lech Maligranda (Luleå, Sweden)
- Yoshiaki Okazaki (Iizuka, Japan)
- Pier Luigi Papini (Bologna, Italy)
- Wataru Takahashi (Tokyo, Japan)
- Andrew Tonge (Kent, OH, USA)
- Luz M. Fernández-Cabrera (Madrid, Spain)
- Mikio Kato (Nagano, Japan)
- Hidefumi Kawasaki (Fukuoka, Japan)
- Yoshikazu Kobayashi (Tokyo, Japan)
- Eiichi Nakai (Ibaraki, Japan)
- Satit Saejung (Khon Kaen, Thailand)
- Kichi-Suke Saito (Niigata, Japan)
- Shuichi Sato (Kanazawa, Japan)
- Yoshihiro Sawano (Tokyo, Japan)
- Hans-Jürgen Schmeisser (Jena, Germany)
- Sin-Ei Takahasi (Funabashi, Japan)
- Witold Wnuk (Poznań, Poland)
Title of Talks
- J. Appell, Bounded variation and around
- F. Cobos, Entropy and extrapolation of compact operators
- G. P. Curbera, The Cesàro operator on Hardy spaces: extensions and optimal domains
- K. Goebel, The retraction constants for some function spaces
- J. Kawabe, Metrizability of the Lévy topology on nonadditive measures
- H. Kita, Some inclusion relations of Orlicz-Morrey spaces and the Hardy-Littlewood maximal function
- A. T. Lau, Fixed point set of measures and positive definite functions on a locally compact group
- L. Maligranda, Structure of Cesaro function spaces
- Y. Okazaki, A new sequence space Λp(f)
- P. L. Papini, Diametrically maximal sets in Banach spaces
- W. Takahashi, Existence theorems, duality theorems and convergence theorems for nonlinear operators in Banach spaces
- A. Tonge, Matrices and tensors of smallest possible norm
- L. M. Fernández-Cabrera, Interpolation using the unit square and limiting real methods
- H. Kawasaki, Discrete fixed point theorems
- Y. Kobayashi *, N. Tanaka & Y. Tomizawa, Nonautonomous differential equations in Banach spaces with an application
- M. Kato, Partially l1-norms and convex functions
- E. Nakai, Generalized Morrey spaces and generalized fractional integrals
- S. Saejung, Banach spaces which are semi-uniform Kadec-Klee
- K.-S. Saito, How to caluculate the James constants of Banach spaces?
- S. Sato, Cesàro and Riesz means of critical order on certain function spaces
- Y. Sawano, Hardy spaces with variable exponents
- H.-J. Schmeisser, Moduli of smoothness related to the Laplacian and approximation by Bochner-Riesz families
- S.-E. Takahasi, Segal algebras which are neither BSE nor BED
- W. Wnuk, Schur type properties in Banach lattices
- K. Aoyama, Existence of fixed points of firmly nonexpansive-like mappings in Banach spaces
- S. Atsushiba, Convergence of iterative sequences for nonlinear mappings
- K. Chailuek * & M. Senmoh, The duality of a generalized Bergman space
- T. Honda, The orthogonal decomposition of Banach spaces and nonlinear analytic approach to the splitting theorem of Jacobs-deLeeuw-Glicksberg
- T. Ibaraki, Shrinking projection methods for common fixed point problems in a Banach space
- Y. Ito, New notions of differential calculus of Lp-functions and Llocp-functions
- Y. Kimura * & S. Saejung, Strong convergence of an iterative scheme for two different types of operators
- F. Kohsaka, Fixed point theorems for some nonlinear mappings related to resolvents of monotone or accretive operators
- P. Kumam & C. Mongkolkeha, Some generalized asymptotic pointwise ρ-contraction mappings involving orbits in Modular spaces
- K. Matsuoka, Bσ-function space estimates for some operators
- K.-I. Mitani, Skewness and some geometrical constants of Banach spaces
- H. Mizuguchi *, K.-S. Saito & R. Tanaka, The Dunkl-Williams constant of some Banach spaces
- Y. Mizuta, Sobolev's inequality for Riesz potentials of functions in grand Morrey spaces of variable exponent
- H. Ohno, Entanglement of marginal tracial states
- R. Oinarov, Boundedness of integral operators in weighted Sobolev space
- T. Suzuki, Some examples on p-uniform convexity and q-uniform smoothness
- R. Kubota & Y. Takeuchi *, On Ishikawa's strong convergence theorem
- R. Tanaka * & K.-S. Saito, A structure of n-dimensional normed linear spaces
- T. Kawasaki & M. Toyoda *, On the existence of solutions of second order ordinary differential equations
- Y. Tsutsui, Convolution operators and div-curl lemma on weighted Hardy sapces with an application to Navier-Stokes equations
- S. Watanabe, Applications of fixed point theorems to the BCS gap equation for superconductivity
- K. Yanagi, Generalized metric adjusted skew information and uncertainty relation
The Conference fee is 18,000JPY.
For students and those who don't have a position the reduced amount 9,000JPY
The conference fee will cover in part organizing expenses such as
conference materials, coffee breaks, banquets,
The fee for an accompanying person who intends to take part in the banquets
(twice) is 9,000JPY.
Payment would be made in cash at the registration desk at the symposium place, KIT.
Neither cheques nor credit cards can be accepted for the payment.
Participants who want to present a short communication of 20 min. are kindly invited to apply with an abstract using the format below. The deadline is July 31, 2012. Domestic participants without a talk are welcome. They are also kindly asked to register.
Please fill in the following files and send them
to isbfs [a] mns.kyutech.ac.jp
After the symposium the Proceedings is to be published.
The Proceedings of ISBFS 2003, 2006 and 2009 were published by
Banach and Function Spaces,
Proceedings of the International Symposium on Banach and Function Spaces 2003,
Oct. 2-4, 2003, Kitakyushu-Japan (Editors M. Kato and L. Maligranda),
Yokohama Publishers 2004, vii+386 pp. (ISSN 9784946552144).
Banach and Function Spaces II,
Proceedings of the Second International Symposium on Banach and Function Spaces 2006,
Sep. 14-17, 2006, Kitakyushu-Japan (Editors M. Kato and L. Maligranda),
Yokohama Publishers 2008, xii+455 pp. (ISSN 9784946552298).
Banach and Function Spaces III,
Proceedings of the Third International Symposium on Banach and Function Spaces 2009,
Sep. 14-17, 2009, Kitakyushu-Japan (Editors M. Kato, L. Maligranda and T. Suzuki),
Yokohama Publishers 2011, x+473 pp. (ISSN 9784946552434).
The city Kitakyushu is located in the north part of the Kyushu Island.
From abroad you can fly to
Fukuoka (Fukuoka Airport) or Kitakyushu (Kitakyushu Airport)
Tokyo (Narita Airport or Haneda Airport) or
Osaka (Kansai Airport) or Nagoya (Chubu Airport).
Also there are direct flights to Fukuoka from some countries
mainly in Asia.
The Kitakyushu Airport is the most convenient to get to KIT but
there are flights only from Tokyo (Haneda Airport).
From Fukuoka Airport it is easy to get to KIT by train or by bus.
You can find some more information on the websites below.
To Kyushu Institute of Technology
- From Fukuoka Airport to Kokura Station
- from Fukuoka Airport to Hakata Station
by subway (2 stops, 5 min.)
- from Hakata Station to Kokura Station
by Shinkansen (bullet express) (1 stop, 16 min.)
- From Kansai Airport to Kokura Station
- from Kansai Airport to Shin-Osaka Station
by express train (50 min.)
- from Shin-Osaka Station to Kokura Station
by Shinkansen (bullet express) (2 h 20 min.)
- From KitaKyushu Airport to Kokura Station
- by bus (35min. by direct bus; 50 min. by the other)
isbfs [a] mns.kyutech.ac.jp